Anchors and Rock Bolts - Mechanical Anchors, Resin and Rebar Rock BoltsAnchors and rock bolts, which are commonly assigned the general term ”rock bolts”, are used for rock reinforcement in Mining and Tunneling. Rock bolts limit the loosening of blocks out of the rock mass and shear displacements. Furthermore, the frictional force between individual rock layers is increased. Anchors with a variable anchor length enable pre-tensioning and thus an active force transmission. GEWI® Mining Anchors and Mechanical Anchors Type ALWAG are wellestablished systems with variable anchor lengths. The maximum load-bearing capacity of these mechanical anchors is mainly determined by the stability of the borehole, the amount of the pre-tensioning, and the design of the expansion shell. Rock bolts such as SN-Anchors or the THREADBAR® are fully grouted over the whole length and are usually installed untensioned. Generally, this does not apply to resin rock bolts, which can be actively retensioned using resin cartridges with different curing times. Which rock bolt system is the best one to use depends on a variety of factors, which have to be considered in each individual case. DSI Underground has longtime experience in the development, production and supply of mechanical anchors and rock bolts.
- Simple handling and optimized installation time
- Immediate loading-bearing capacity
- Field-proven and reliable anchors
- Unproblematic installation in aquiferous boreholes
- Optimized ratio of anchor force vs. borehole diameter
- Continuous threaded anchor bars allow flexible length adjustments and posterior extension on site
- Expansion sleeves are available for different borehole diameters
- The GEWI® Mining Anchor is approved for underground application by the Regional Government Arnsberg, Dep. 6 Mining and Energy in NRW, Germany
Fields of ApplicationSN-Anchors, also known as mortar embedded concrete reinforcement steel anchors or Store-Norfors-Anchors (named after the first place of installation), are used for rock reinforcement in underground Mining and Tunneling. For special requirements in Tunneling, especially rock reinforcement in squeezing ground and large displacements directly after bolt installation, DSI Underground also offers SN-Anchors with ALWAGRIP special rib geometry for an increased load-bearing capacity. The THREADBAR® is mainly used for special underground bolting works as well as for underpinnings or as utility hanger.
- Field-proven rock bolt system
- Effective and standardized installation
- Embedding of the tension member in grout guarantees optimal bond strength
- Low sensitivity concerning the actual diameter of the anchor borehole
- ALWAGRIP special rib geometry for optimized bond strength available on request